Horus-I Application – Privacy Notice
02 November 2020; Version 1.0
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when you use the Horus-I application (app).
Horus Security Consultancy Limited (Horus) is the data controller and will be processing your personal information. Horus is registered with the Information Commissioners Office and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the Data Protection Act 2018.
What information will we collect from you?
The Horus-I app collects location data from the user at all times – with the app running in foreground, background and when closed – to enable Horus Security Consultancy Ltd.’s travel security support services. Mobile subscriber location data is stored for 30 days before it is deleted and is used solely for the purpose of security guidance and travel alert dissemination.
Subscribers have the option to disable tracking, at which point, location data will not be transmitted and recorded – this will however negatively impact some of Horus Security Consultancy Ltd.’s services. Tracking is also disabled if the user logs out of the application. A full list of the services/features which use location tracking have been included below:
- Regular usage – tracking data is submitted at low frequency to record users’ movements for the provision of security services and advice;
- Watch Me Closely – user activated high-accuracy tracking feature for use during emergency situations;
- Near Me alert notifications – user activated notifications setting where only alerts in the immediate vicinity to their location trigger device notifications.
How will we use the information we collect from you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Tracking your location in the event of a security or safety threat being identified near you, logging where you are when you make a request for emergency support and reporting your location and safety status to your employer and/or your employer’s security company;
- To identify you as a legitimate user of the app or the services, in dealing with any support you request or any complaint you make about the app or our services;
- To send you communications you have specifically requested or to deliver our services to you in respect of a security or safety incident in which you are involved;
- To identify trends or errors in the use of the app or services, analysing and improving performance and security;
- Providing you with information relevant to the functions of the app or services, managing security and safety incidents for you and other users.
How long will we keep the information we hold about you?
Your contact information will only be retained for as long as you continue to use the application. Once you stop using the Horus-I app, your contact information will be manually deleted after 30 days. Your name and the period for which you used the app will be retained for seven years for accounting purposes only; this in line with legal requirements.
How will we share the information we hold about you?
The information we collect from you will only be shared with trusted partnering organisations for the purposes of providing this service to its users. It will not be shared with any other organisations. Partnering organisations in respect of this service will include Law enforcement or other emergency services who may need to be notified in the event of an incident and provide a response.
We will keep your information within Horus and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. Your information is processed only within the European Economic Area (EEA).
What rights do you have over your personal data?
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to:
- Obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you by making a subject access request;
- Ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold about you;
- Ask us to delete any of your personal information which we no longer have a legitimate reason for keeping;
- Restrict the processing of your information if we are using it for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected;
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified;
- Withdraw consent for the processing of your information where this is justified, and we have no other legitimate grounds for processing it.
To exercise your rights in respect of your data, please contact the Horus Data Protection Officer at the following address:
PO BOX 70153,
175-185 Grays Inn Road,
What if you find our response unsatisfactory?
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority for information rights – the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more information on the ICO website:
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review. The date at the top of this privacy notice tells you when it was last updated.